Sure, M may only be playing again. He may not want anything from me but a cup of coffee. Hell, he may not even want the lay before I get him the cup of coffee. Then again, he might want me to spend the rest of my life with him, getting laid and getting coffee. I would personally prefer the latter, but one can't be picky.
I was discussing the loving sweetness that is M with a friend of mine. He simply dove in for the jugular, reminding me of all the ways M hurt me, ran out, made me cry, and so forth. I know all these things happened.... SO WHY DO YOU NEED TO TELL THEM TO ME!?! I know I threw him out of my apartment, into a thunderstorm, in Jan. '06. I know I didn't leave my home for almost a month, completely downtrodden. I know the dress I bought to go out with him is sitting in my closet with the tags still on it, never worn. I can't do it. It's a beautiful dress, too. Hugs everything just right.... Just like he would , if he wasn't in New York.
There needs to be rules for the re-smitten.
1. Don't warn us; we are already well aware of the past mistakes we've made.
2.Time has passed, and this can help our hearts forgive. Time does heal, after all.
3. Don't point out all the flaws in the partner, or in your "friend" either. We know them all by this point.
There is, however, a difference between the re-smitten and the ex-fuck. Re-smitten typically desires a nice evening. Drinks, hand-holding, walking, smiling, gazing, mixed drinks, shared food..... The Ex-Fuck wants shots of tequila and break-away pants, short shirts, and a clean place to screw (which, technically, could be anywhere.)
As for me, I am re-smitten. Although, the fantasies in my head are a bit more like the ex-fuck. Hmmmmm :)
Knit Update: Sweater's complete; pics to come. Onto sweater 2!
Small Town Update: We've got an unexplained graffiti problem. They even vandalized the signs ad the old folks home. Now THAT breaks my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment